Structural Project Engineer
Structural Project Engineer
Full-time, permanent position
We wish to appoint a Structural Project Engineer normally based in our Dublin office.
- You will help to deliver a range of projects including those in the industrial, commercial, residential and conservation sectors.
- Reporting to a chartered civil/structural engineer and working as part of the design team you will contribute to the following project inputs:
- Design of building structures using Eurocodes and using a range of materials including timber, masonry, steel and concrete
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams in the preparation of design solutions
- Manage structural design projects from planning stage to handover
- Model and detail structures on Revit
- Develop innovative solutions to design problems
- Design of foul- & surface water drainage systems associated with our structures projects
- Oversee the preparation of structural sketches, stage reports and specifications
- Coordinating the structural design with other disciplines, with the use of BIM tools
- Representing Brunner Consulting Engineers at design team meetings
- Preparation of tender/contract documentation
Our structures team in the Dublin office work on a wide variety of projects primarily across the built environment. These include commercial & industrial buildings, residential & leisure developments in new build and conservation. We are particularly focused in the field of low embodied carbon construction and developing regenerative designs.
This role needs someone who is passionate about their work, has a love of structural engineering and who can use their experience as an engineer to deliver solutions that meet our clients’ requirements. Your qualifications and experiences should ideally include:
- BEng or MEng in structural engineering.
- Experience working as a structural design engineer on multi-disciplinary buildings and civil projects;
- Experience/Familiarity in the use of Eurocodes;
- Experience in the use of structural design software packages, ideally Autodesk;
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally;
- Experience in sustainable design;
- Aware of a range of BIM tools and appreciates the relative advantages/disadvantages.
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
- Agile/flexible working
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel tax saver scheme
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in contact to organise a meeting. If you could have some material/portfolio of your designs/projects that would be very helpful.